201 S. WASHINGTON ST., PALESTINE, IL 62451
P: 618.586.5317 E: firstname.lastname@example.org F: 618.586.9711
Drug and Alcohol Free Library Policy
Freedom to Read Statement
Prohibited Gifts Policy
Freedom of Information Act & Request Form
Personnel Employment Policies
Library Use Regulations
Sexual Harassment Policy
The Palestine Public Library District shall provide materials and services for the educational, cultural, and recreational requirements of the community, recognizing diverse and special needs without discrimination. As a social institution, the library also exists to bring people together both in groups and in understanding. The library shall vigorously promote its function in the community, provide full access to a broad variety of material and information, including that beyond the local collection, and function with efficiency and courtesy to provide a pleasant environment. The library shall welcome cooperation with other community organizations and institutions to further these goals.
Investment of Public Funds Policy
The American Library Associations affirms that all libraries are forums for information and ideas, and that the following basic policies should guide their services.
1. Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
2. Libraries should provide materials and information presenting all points of view on current and historical issues. Materials should bot be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
3. Libraries should challenge censorship in the fulfillment of their responsibility to provide information and enlightenment.
4. Libraries should cooperate with all persons and groups concerned with resisting abridgment of free expression and free access to ideas.
5. A person's right to use a library should not be denied or abridged because of origin, age, background, or views.
6. Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliation of individuals or groups requesting their use.
By-Laws of the Board of Trustees
Bloodborne Pathogens Policy
Palestine Public Library District in Palestine, proofreading resume writer